Bales Family

Bales Family

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Into the river we go!

On Sat Nov 14 we decided to go up Logan Canyon to get Vern and Elsie's ski rentals for the year. We only made it about half way to Beaver when we hit a patch of ice, lost control and slid off the road and into the river. Luckily, no one was hurt, in fact, when we came to a stop Elsie said "that was fun." It was pretty scary, but we were very fortunate to have walked away without a scratch. I am grateful that Vern was driving, I would have tried to avoid the river and over corrected and probably flipped the van. We were very blessed!
Here are some pics of the van sitting in the river waiting to be towed.



and the van being towed. I think it looks like a toy car that broke.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I'm glad none of you were hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAHHHH! What a nightmare! I like you alive, so lets not do that again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy. The pictures add so much to the story too... wow. As mentioned in the comments above, I'm glad no one was hurt. I think I would have been so scared!

    ReplyDelete