Bales Family

Bales Family

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Disneyland Part 1

Oh, where to start? I guess the beginning is about right. Hi my name is Lena and I am a Disneyland virgin. My husband is one too. Most people's mouths drop about now. But it's true we had NEVER been to DL!! Deprived, right? Anyway, I think because I had never been there I honestly never thought too much about it until my friend April kept post pics and comments about how much she loved it and I guess it got me thinking. About 6 months ago Vern and I were trying to figure out what to do with our credit card rewards which was about $700 dollars and instead of being responsible adults and saving this money WE SPENT IT! It paid for all of our hotel stay. AWESOME I know! Vern also got some other cc incentives which paid for our gas and groceries. My husband is amazing!
Ok Ok, getting on with the trip.
Day 1: We drove to Mesquite and stayed at the Casablanca. Which was about a 7 hour drive, we weren't sure how the kids were going to be so we decided to take our time and break up the drive. The girls did great by the way:) The Casablanca had a great outdoor pool with a slide and waterfall we really enjoyed. When you stay at this hotel you get a free round of golf for a 50 min massage. Vern is so sweet he scheduled me a message.
Day 2: We drove to Anaheim about 5 hours. We ate at Fire and Ice (Mongolian BBQ) we ate at the one at Lake Tahoe over 6 years ago. It was YUMMY!
I took this picture with my pnone sorry it's blurry.
Day 3: Disneyland! Which was so fun. It wasn't too crowded, like 30min waits for the big rides and almost no wait for the little rides. Gwen was tall enough so we just took her on the big rides. She did great! I loved that we weren't separated very much and were able to ride a lot of the rides as a family.
Every morning we were at the park the girls got presents. The first day they got these cute shirts and sun glasses.
The second day they got princess accessories for their princess lunch. The third day they got little Minny mouse dolls. They just loved waking up to opening presents :)
Here is the list of what we did that day:
Space Mountain,
Buzz Blasters,
Astro Orbitor, Nemo's underwater ride, Pixie Hollow,
Mater horn bobsleds,
Alice in Wonderland, Small World, Train (that goes around the park), Toontown,
more Toontown,
Big Thunder, (a favorite)
Winnie the Pooh ride,
Pooh ride again,
Splash Mountain,
Train again (Gwen really liked the dinosaurs we see on there) while Vern went to the haunted house, Tarzan, Tiki room while Vern and Elsie went on Indiana Jones, and then the Parade. I videoed a lot of the parade but the pictures I took really didn't turn out very well.
It was a great first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment